As thousands of products and procedures marketing aim to help women hold on to youth as long as possible, vaginal rejuvenation falls into this category. Because of age, the bodies don’t look or feel the same as they once did, including the woman’s intimate area, the vagina. To rectify the natural aging of the body and restore the vagina to its previous state, vaginal rejuvenation is considered by many.
What Is Vaginal Rejuvenation?
Vaginal rejuvenation is a non-hormonal treatment to help restore the function and aesthetics of the pelvic region. It is a topic of interest to multiple specialties, including dermatologists, plastic and reconstructive surgeons, urologists, and gynecologists.
Vaginal rejuvenation is often equated but not synonymous with vaginoplasty, which was the only option before alternative treatments or solutions for vaginal rejuvenation came to the fore. There are now minimally invasive procedures one can go to, such as energy-based devices-radiofrequency and laser therapy that are effective at vaginal tightening and decreasing symptoms of genitourinary syndrome of menopause (GSM) and vulvovaginal atrophy (VVA).
Here are four things one should know about vaginal rejuvenation:
1. This is not just about the better sex life.
Women can have many reasons to undergo vaginal rejuvenation, which have nothing to do with sex. The structure of the vagina causing discomfort or functional issues is one of those many reasons why many women seek to have it. The problems could run from having visible scar tissue surrounding the vagina, trouble holding tampons, problems passing bowel movements, etc.On the other hand, since vaginal rejuvenation tightens the vaginal canal, friction increases during intercourse and causes greater stimulation and pleasure during sex. Because of that, 83% to 90% of vaginal rejuvenation patients experience an improvement in their sexual life after surgery, according to a study. As indicated, it is not only the vaginal structure that improves patients’ sexual lives, but the improvement in the aesthetic appearance enhances their self-confidence resulting in increased libido.
2. It actually boosts collagen.
Collagen is not just for the face, but it’s also extremely important for sexual health. The different methods help to rebuild collagen, which is essential to restoring the function of the vagina. One example is Votiva, which can treat internal and external tissues in the vaginal area and help with nearly any feminine health concern.
This type of treatment deals with the following
- Laxity. Aging takes a toll on all the skin. During the younger years, the body naturally produces plenty of collagen, which is a foundational protein that keeps skin stable, firm, and taut. However, the body’s collagen production also goes down with aging, causing the skin and other body areas to sag. The natural laxity can be exacerbated by stretching those women who have given birth. With the help of treatments like Votiva, it can reverse laxity by stimulating greater collagen production and rejuvenating tissues in the vaginal area.
- Blood Flow. With age, the blood flow to the vaginal region becomes sensitive and may be compromised. However, there are many reasons this can happen, and one way to fix it is to stimulate the body to regenerate blood vessels in the area. With the help of radiofrequency treatment, it does the job mentioned above.
- Pain. One of many women’s issues is labial hypertrophy (an enlarged labia). This could mean that some women are born with one side of the labia thicker, longer, or larger than the other. This condition develops over time for other women, and because of this, one can suffer many issues, such as sensitivity, pain, irritation, and chronic infections. With the help of vaginal rejuvenation through radio frequency, these issues can be relieved.
- Weak Muscles. Having strong muscles throughout the vaginal area is one thing that makes sex so enjoyable. Because of many situations like childbirth, the passage of time, or after surgery, the muscles could weaken over time, making sex far less fun and fulfilling. Radiofrequency treatment can help these muscles rebuild.
- Urinary Incontinence. Stress urinary incontinence is another form of incontinence that many women can experience. Stress urinary incontinence can occur when a woman can control the bladder under normal circumstances. Still, a leak happens under certain “stress” events, like coughing, sneezing, or even a strong laugh. Votiva can help by improving muscle tone in the area.
- Dryness. Lubrication issues for women come with age, given that natural lubrication is essential to a satisfying sexual experience. This means that sex becomes less pleasurable or even painful when the vagina is too dry, and it can be challenging to feel the same level of the usual arousal. With the help of radiofrequency treatments, it can improve lubrication by refreshing tissues in the area.
- Self-Esteem. This is perhaps the most important issue that this treatment can address. The result of childbirth, aging, or a combination of so many factors could probably affect a woman’s self-esteem. With the help of Votiva treatment, the issue can be addressed effectively.
3. Vaginal rejuvenation is a painless procedure.
During the treatment, the vaginal rejuvenation work when the laser passes through the wall of the vagina to stimulate collagen formation and revitalize vaginal tissue. Although it may sound as frightening, the procedure should be painless. The vaginal rejuvenation process requires two 15-minute treatments four weeks apart. After the two initial treatments, patients should see their doctor for an annual maintenance treatment.
4. The goal of vaginal rejuvenation is multifaceted and includes aesthetics and function.
It’s also important that any woman looking into vaginal rejuvenation have realistic expectations of the outcomes. Although the procedure does not permanently restore any part of the body to the way it was when younger, the procedure aims to
- Increase vaginal moisture
- Strengthen vaginal muscles
- Improve painful intercourse
- Reduce urinary leakages and urgency
- Improve vaginal looseness
- Increase vaginal sensitivity
The Bottom Line
More women seek to turn back the clock and counteract the signs of aging, including vaginal rejuvenation. Key Wellness, PLLC offers Vaginal Rejuvenation, which uses a Votiva system to produce real-world results without undergoing painful surgery. What’s best about this treatment is it doesn’t stop working when the machine goes off and when the patient goes home. Since the treatment stimulates the growth of new collagen proteins, the vaginal rejuvenation results continue to improve over the next few weeks.