Aesthetic advancements have become more and more accessible and famous worldwide. One of which includes the Morpheus8 system that works wonders in eliminating lines, wrinkles, and puffiness to reclaim what time has been stolen. This treatment combines radiofrequency (RF) technology and non-invasive microneedling to eradicate saggy skin on the abdomen, back, knees, and facial area.
Aside from fighting signs of aging, Morpheus8 is a non-invasive treatment for acne, which has been a persistent issue many individuals are dealing with from younger years up to adulthood, leaving a lasting impression when causing acne scars. This radiofrequency microneedling device can significantly improve those who struggle with acne scarring.
How Does Morpheus8 Work?
Radiofrequency (RF) microneedling treatments can help address active acne and dark spots. To be specific, the latest generation device of Morpheus8 offers even better results due to its sophisticated new technology that delivers the RF energy deeper and precisely where it has the most significant effect. In fact, Morpheus8 is safe for all skin types, even darker skins.
Moreover, when treating active acne, mild or severe, the RF energy of Morpheus 8 addresses two main causative factors by causing the sebaceous glands to shrink and reducing the excessive oil production while simultaneously killing off the acne bacteria and helping to clean up the follicles. Morpheus8 induces changes in the dermis and sub-dermis that stimulate new collagen formation by tightening and remodeling when treating dark spots, whether mild or severe.
Before applying the Morpheus8 handpiece to the skin, a topical numbing medication will be used to ensure comfort. Of course, the skin will then be cleansed with an antibacterial solution, and the Morpheus8 procedure will begin. The procedure takes around 20 minutes, depending on the size of the treatment area.
What Are the Benefits of Morpheus8?
The Morpheus8 comes with many excellent benefits, some of which include:
- It is a safe treatment. Compared to other acne treatment forms, treatment with
- It also addresses other skin issues. Aside from being a great acne treatment, Morpheus8 Morpheus8 is safe for all types of skin. This treatment can work for those with dry, normal, oily, or sensitive skin. In fact, some acne treatment forms like benzoyl peroxide can cause excessive skin peeling, forcing one to look for alternatives.
- It gets rid of scars. Keep in mind that this treatment is not associated with hyperpigmentation. Morpheus8 can treat acne scars once completely healed; it reduces the scars’ size in acne that has healed and prevents spots in active acne. As it has been known, acne is usually associated with skin changes, such as hyperpigmentation or hypopigmentation, even after the acne has cleared.
- It can treat any part of the body. Morpheus8 is an effective treatment involving treating widespread acne or acne on specific body parts, not just the face. Hence, the procedure can be done for active acne on the face, chest, neck, back, and rest of the body. It also reduces the appearance of wrinkles, sunburns, and stretch marks and gives a more youthful appearance.
What To Expect During The Procedure?
The treatment does not involve a complicated process and is performed in an outpatient setting. As indicated, the aesthetician will start by applying a topical treatment to the area of the body where the treatment will take place. The topical treatment they use may be uncomfortable, and they will have to sit on the skin for up to 30 minutes before the procedure commences.
Simultaneously, the procedure under Morpheus8 involves a handheld gun-looking device that will rub onto the affected area. The good thing about Morpheeus8 is that it does not take long, and the aesthetician will discuss what to do with the skin after the treatment so that the after-care process is completed properly.
Who Is A Good Candidate For Morpheus8?
Anyone can benefit from Morpheus8, including those who have:
- Facial scars
- Skin texture concerns
- Fine lines
- Acne and acne scars
- Facial sagging
- Sun damage
- Large Pores
However, some people should not receive Morpheus8 treatment, which includes pregnant or breastfeeding women, and the following:
- Those with an electronic device implanted anywhere in their body, such as a glucose monitor and a pacemaker
- Those with a permanent device implanted near the treatment area like screws, metal plates, etc.
- Those with conditions stimulated by heat like herpes simplex in the treatment area
- Those with any irritation or open wounds in the treatment area, including psoriasis, eczema, or serious redness and swelling
Is There A Recovery Time?
While the skin may be red and swollen for a few days to a week following Morpheus8 treatment, there is usually no “downtime.” Most patients typically return to their regularly scheduled activities the day after treatment. However, makeup should be avoided for the first 24 to 48 hours after the procedure, but it’s fine after that, and many patients use it to conceal any redness, scabbing, or peeling.
Also, sunscreen and moisturizer should be applied liberally for the first week after treatment, and direct sunlight should also be avoided. Morpheus8 will depend on the body’s inflammatory response to work, so ice and cold compresses should be avoided, as well as NSAID pain relievers like Advil/Ibuprofen.
How Many Sessions Are Required For Morpheus8?
The Morpheus8 treatment will depend on the severity of the acne and dark spots. A course of 2-4 treatments may be required, at least a month apart – giving the skin time to heal and respond between treatments.
Are The Results Permanent?
As Morpheus8 stimulates the production of new collagen in the skin, the results are permanent. The scars will be visibly improved, and the skin will become smoother, softer, and more evenly toned in the months after treatment.
The Bottom Line
Since the skin takes a toll from the sun and signs of aging, everyone wants their skin to look youthful and radiant whenever possible. Key Wellness, PLLC offers Morpheus8, which can help individuals restore their radiant skin. Ultimately, it can treat aging and scars on the face and neck as well as diminish scars, cellulite, uneven skin texture, and skin tone on many parts of the body.